Angel Immersion Program
Are you looking to become an angel investor or professionalize your angel investment strategy?
Are you an angel investor looking to improve your ability to deal source, conduct due diligence, and get access to high quality co-investment opportunities?
Are you looking to make LP investments in VC/PE funds?
The Angel Immersion Program includes a four day Angel Masterclass, invitations to quarterly private investor-only networking events, and provides access to VU's Investor Syndicate to co-invest alongside top performing VC investors
Upcoming Angel Immersion Program Dates
United States Program:
Spring 2020: Fri, Jun 5th - Mon, Jun 8th
Summer 2020: Fri, Aug 21st - Mon, Aug 24th
What Is An Angel Investor?
• An angel investor is an accredited investor that invests in startups and/or VC/PE funds
• What's an accredited investor? An accredited investor is someone with a net worth >$1 million (excluding the value of their primary residence) and/or has an individual income > $200K or a joint income > $300K for last 2 years and a reasonable expectation of the same in the current year.
• Individual can participate in the Angel Masterclass without being an accredited investor, but only accredited investors are allowed to co-invest with VU's Investor Syndicate
Overview: Learn the strategies and skills of sourcing, due diligence, evaluating, and investing in startups as an angel, co-investing with VCs, as well as becoming an LP in funds
Instructors: VU's Investment Team, Angels, & Super Angels
Location: Join in-person in VU's San Francisco office or virtually from anywhere via Zoom
Schedule: See specific program dates above
Saturday & Sunday (9:00am - 5:00pm PST):
Monday (9:00am - 12 noon PST):
Attend REVERSE DEMO DAY in San Francisco or NYC (Monday and Wednesday Night, 6:30pm - 9:00pm PST / EST)
Curriculum: To receive the outline of the Angel Masterclass curriculum, please e-mail: email@example.com
Overview: After completing the Angel Masterclass investors gain access to VU's Investor Syndicate to co-invest in top quarterly investments with seasoned VCs and angels, are invited to attend VU's private quarterly investor-only networking events in SF & NYC, and receive early free registration to VU's quarterly REVERSE DEMO DAYS
Benefits of Investor Syndicate (Accredited Investors Only):
• No Annual Membership Fee to invest in VU's Investor Syndicate
• No Required Minimum Investment Per Year: Only invest the amount of capital you want to invest. There is no pressure to invest a minimum amount of capital per year
• Invest Deal By Deal: Select which investments you want to participate in
• Invest a minimum of $5,000 or more in each company
• Co-invest in VU's top 2-5 companies each quarter alongside VU Venture Partners, seasoned VCs, family offices, and angels
• Access to top global deal flow that has been sourced out of ~5,000+ deal per quarter (~20,000+ deals per year), 10x more deal flow than a traditional angel group or VC fund
• Leverage VU's investment team of 35+ full-time investors, with offices in San Francisco and New York City, whose top performing GP's have invested $1.8B+ in 250+ companies and have a 4x+ net cash return as early investors in Beyond Meat, Facebook, Uber, Twitter, Venmo, etc.
• Join Investor Syndicate Calls where VU's investment team presents to the Investor Syndicate and shares the investment thesis on each investment opportunity after it has passed VU's investment committee
• Make Higher Quality Investments: VU's deal selectivity is 5-10x greater @ ~0.1% vs. 1%+ for traditional angel networks and VC funds
• Leverage A Powerful Insider Investor Network: Get access to VU's 170+ alumni (growing at ~30+ investors per quarter) working at other VC/PE funds and accelerators, as well as a large network of angels, family offices, and first time / emerging fund managers who share top proprietary deal flow
• Attend VU's quarterly private investor-only networking events in San Francisco and NYC, bringing together the angel and VC ecosystem
• Get early free registration to attend VU's quarterly REVERSE DEMO DAYS in San Francisco and NYC