The Great Filter: Top academic institutions and top employers act as a great filter for identifying individuals out of the general population for future career opportunities. Similarly, and to a greater extent as a trade school, Venture University provides an even more focused filter for heads of talent, HR, and recruiters to meet with individuals in our program which represent the top <2% of candidates accepted (more competitive than the top Ivy League schools and MBA programs) who are looking to work in VC, PE, top startups, and large innovative corporations.
Individuals that graduate from Venture University gain the relevant investment experience, industry knowledge, and a deep network of startups and VC/PE investors that differentiates them from the large volume of candidates that apply for these highly competitive positions.
High Quality Investment Experience: Individuals that join Venture University's VC/PE Investment Apprenticeship Program are guaranteed real world investment experience as a VC/PE investor at Venture University's investment fund. You'll be part of the investment team, doing all of the daily functions of a VC/PE investor, no useless busy work. We literally don't have any busy work for you to do other than the actual role of a VC/PE investor. Welcome to the real world!
Career Opportunities: Increase your ability succeed in your career in VC/PE if you're joining a VC/PE fund, or increase your ability to break into venture capital, private equity, hedge funds, asset management, successfully start your own VC/PE fund or company, or work at a startup, innovative corporation, investment bank, or consulting group
Broad Skill Set: Build a broad set of skills including strategic networking, financial modeling, company evaluation, market landscape analysis, understanding term sheets, investment negotiation, and supporting the growth of a company from human capital, increasing revenues, and investment capital
Useful Academic Coursework: Learn applicable finance, strategy, and investing skills usually not available to undergraduates and business school students, and that are mainly only taught on the job
Financial Upside: Individuals that participate in the Investment Apprenticeship Program receive a Profit Sharing Agreement tied to the future performance of the investments made during the program, which has the potential to be worth some, all, or more than the total cost of the program*
Flexible Time & Location:
- Flexibility: Venture University offers 4 program periods: Winter (11 Weeks), Spring (11 Weeks), Summer (11 Weeks), and Fall (12 Weeks)
- Choose To Do 1-4 Quarters: Individuals can choose to do the VC/PE Investment Apprenticeship Program for 3-12 months (1-4 quarters) to immerse themselves into being a VC/PE investor, increase their overall investment experience, and build a portfolio of investing in 3-20 companies
- Location: Join in-person in VU's San Francisco or NYC office, or join virtually from anywhere
- Lower Cost: Venture University's investor tracks and programs are much less expensive than the cost of a traditional private college, university or MBA program
- A four year private undergraduate education costs ~$25K per semester (~200K total), and an MBA program costs ~$37K per semester (~$150K total)
- VU's VC/PE Investment Apprenticeship: 1 Quarter (3 Months) = $20K ($5K Less), 2 Quarters (6 months) = $35K ($15K Less), 3 Quarters (9 months) = $50K ($25K Less), and 4 Quarters (12 months) = $65K ($35K Less). VU's Executive Education Programs are $5K each, and discounted when combined with other VU programs.
Receive College Credit: If individuals are current students they may be able to receive college credit for participating in Venture University's VC/PE Investment Apprenticeship Program via internship credit