Head of Real Estate Private Equity & REIT Investor Accelerator
• 25+ Years of Real Estate Investment & Development Experience
• $7+ Billion In Real Estate Investments: $2.4B Residential, $4.7B Commercial
• Twining Properties: Chief Investment Officer
• RXR Realty: Executive Vice President
RXR was recently approved to co-develop 175 Park Avenue as office/hotel, creating the 2nd tallest building in NYC after One World Trade Center
• Brookfield Properties: Senior Vice President
• Avalon Bay: Vice President, Real Estate Development, 8 Years
• Yarmouth Group/Lend Lease: Lendlease built the 9/11 Museum, Petronas Twin Towers in Malaysia, and the Sydney Opera House.
• Lincoln Property Company: Lincoln is the only company that is top 10 in the ownership of three asset classes: Office, Residential, and Industrial Property.
Instructor of Real Estate Private Equity & REIT Investor Accelerator
• 30+ Years of REIT & Real Estate Investment Experience
• Dexus Asset Management: Portfolio Manager - North America, Global REIT Fund
• Brooklyn // Queens Properties: Investments in residential redevelopment through bridge loans in the NYC metropolitan market.
• Goldman Sachs Asset Management: CIO, Portfolio Manager, & Senior Analyst for six years of US and Global Real Estate Securities Investment Management.
• Alliance Capital Management: Portfolio Manager & Senior Analyst for eight years where he was responsible for investing in REITs and other public real estate related companies in the US and internationally.
• Yarmouth Group: Senior Vice President of Acquisitions & Special Projects. Founded entity level investment program to fund property companies prior to REIT IPOs. Yarmouth was acquired by Lend Lease.
• RBR Asset Management: Board Member
• Rouse Properties: Member of the Board of Directors of publicly traded Regional Mall REIT, focused on dominant assets in smaller MSAs.
• Columbia University: Adjunct Professor in the MS Real Estate Program - Classes include US REIT Analysis & Investment, International REIT Analysis & Investment, and Financial Statement Analysis.
J. Skyler Fernandes
Founder & Chairman
• Ranked Top 100 Powerlist VC
• ~15 years of VC/PE Investing, 150+ Portfolio Companies
• Select Prior Portfolio Companies: Beyond Meat (IPO'd, $14B), Sensity (Acquired by Verizon, $300M+), ShopKick (Acquired by SK Telecom, $200M), Made In Space (Acquired by AE Industrial Partners, FabFitFun ($1B+), Spyce (Acquired by sweetgreen), Bear Flags Robotics (Acquired by John Deere, $250M)
• Former Managing Director of Investments at Cleveland Avenue (VC/PE Fund co-founded by Former CEO & President of McDonalds), focusing on food and beverage brands, food related technologies, and new restaurant concepts
• Founder, Head, & Former Managing Director of Simon Venture Group (Corporate investment arm of Simon Property Group, S&P 100, largest retail real estate company in the world), grew to top 5 corporate VC focused on commerce alongside Google Ventures, Intel Capital, and Comcast Ventures
• Adjunct Professor at New York University teaching Venture Capital Intensive
Creator of Multiple Top Ranked Entrepreneur Resources: #1 Startup Investor Pitch Deck Template (viewed & downloaded 500,000+ times, used by leading business schools and accelerators)
• Co-Founder of the #1 Startup Board Game: The Next Big Thing: The Game of Entrepreneurship, backed by over 25+ of the top accelerators and VC investors
• 7+ years of investing experience
• Manages Real Estate Investment Syndicate
• Passionate about financial education
• Fascinated with blockchain technology, specifically Defi and governance protocols. Investor in multiple ICO's
• VU Venture Partners - Cohorts 13 & 21 - Healthcare, Crypto, & Web3 Teams
Co-Founder, Operating Partner, Head of Admissions & HR