Venture University offers individuals in the VC/PE Investment Apprenticeship Program a multi-faceted strategy for career development and increasing their odds of getting a VC/PE job.
1) Resume & LinkedIn Profile Updating: Venture University provides core bullets you can use in your resume and on LinkedIn. During the VC/PE Investment Apprenticeship Program all individuals will have their resumes and LinkedIn profiles reviewed and updated. Getting your foot in the VC/PE door is the hardest part. Individuals that do the Apprenticeship Program are taking their first step into the VC/PE door and begin their journey of gaining quality VC/PE investment experience.
2) Career Development Meetings: Individuals that participate in the VC/PE Investment Apprenticeship Program are offered three career development meetings, which happen at the beginning, in the middle, and at the end of the program to discuss an individual's career goals, personal strategy, and execution plan.
3) Building A Network Within The VC / PE Industry:
- During the VC/PE Investment Apprenticeship Program, individuals will meet with VC/PE investors weekly to share deal flow and potentially co-invest together. By building a relationship from the same side of the table, it's more likely you'll be considered for future job opportunities by those within your network. This is the preferred method for building VC/PE relationships and getting a job in the industry, rather than reaching out to investors for the first time to ask them about working at their company.
- Increase your network of investors by attending Venture University speaker series, modules, and attending VC/PE networking events during and after the program. Venture University hosts VC/PE investor only events for investors in the industry to meet with current VU cohort members and VU alumni.
- Alumni Network: Individuals in each cohort are angel investors, family offices, new fund managers, and individuals who are working at or recruiting to join investment funds. Three times a year Venture University does an event introducing the incoming cohort members to all of Venture University's alumni.
4) Get Access To Venture University Job Posts: Venture University has a proprietary curation of VC/PE job opportunities it shares with the current cohort and alumni, which include both public and non-public VC/PE and startup job opportunities.
5) Direct Recruitment: VC and PE funds reach out to Venture University throughout the year to do direct recruiting from Venture University's cohorts and alumni.
6) Become A Venture Fellow / Venture Scout: After an individual finishes Venture University, they become a Venture Fellow / Venture Scout, where they continue to source deal flow, engage with investors, and support the portfolio companies. By continuing on as a Venture Fellow / Venture Scout at Venture University an individual's foot is always left in the VC/PE door, and you're forever part of the VU family!