"Being able to tap into the VU Alumni network and broader VU network for life is the real long term value of the program!"
Gustavo Cepeda, Cohort 7
• Build A Broad Network: Individuals that join VU are able to build a network with VC/PE funds, accelerators, angel investors, family offices, founders, and large innovative corporations.
• Weekly Fireside Chats: VC/PE investors, corporate VCs, angels, family offices, founders, and strategics. Individuals who participate and graduate from VU's Investor Accelerators also get access to VU's library of Fireside Chats which includes over 200+ video recordings.
• Quarterly Investor Deal Flow Sharing Meetings: VU has multiple scheduled meetings with investors to share deal flow across venture capital investments and real estate private equity investments.
• VU Hosted Investor-Only Networking Events: VU hosts Investor-Only Networking Event in San Francisco, NYC, across Asia-Pacific bringing together the investor ecosystem, including VC/PE investors, angels, and family offices.
• VU Alumni Events: VU hosts a VU Alumni events, where VU alumni reconnect and meet with current cohort members
• VC/PE Industry Events: Attend VC/PE industry events such as demo days at accelerators, VC/PE panel discussions, VC/Startup/PE networking events, industry focused events, pitch competitions, etc.
• Cohort Bonding Activities: VU plans a number of fun cohort bonding activities each quarter, such as: a welcome dinner, an escape room, game nights, movie nights, billiards, bowling, ping-pong, weekly happy hours, and trips (a Napa wine trip, food tours, etc).
• REVERSE DEMO DAY: At the end of each quarter, each cohort presents their investments and shares the investment thesis on each company to an audience of investors, startups, and strategics.
Disclaimer: *Foreign nationals participating in Venture University's program in the United States are not able to receive the profit sharing agreement as part of the Investor Accelerator unless they have a J1 Visa or other type of Visa allowing them to work in the United States. Individuals participating in Venture University's Investor Accelerator program outside of the United States are able to receive the profit sharing agreement. Individuals that participate in and complete the Investor Accelerator receive a profit sharing agreement that is tied to the future performance of the investments made during the program. Individuals that participate in Venture University's programs do not receive an equity stake in Venture University's investment funds or an equity stake in any of Venture University's portfolio companies. If an individual that participates in the Investor Accelerator is an accredited investor, then at Venture University's sole discretion, the individual may be allowed to, but is not required to, nor have any obligation to, invest in Venture University's investment fund or a portfolio company through Venture University's investment fund. There is no guarantee of any return of capital or profits from the investments made, as the risks of investing are high, the future outcomes from the investments are unknown, and could result in a 100% loss of invested capital in the portfolio companies, or result in a small or significant amount of profits for individuals in the Investor Accelerator which will be recognized as income and be taxable.